I may tone down the light-bars a bit…

I added some lighting fixtures, added some details (the numbers were a pain!), and filled out the rest of the area. It’s hard to make an area not look flat and bland with this kind of lighting, so that’ll be what I’ll be addressing next. Although I may just use my usual method for lighting, I’m finally starting to delve into more advanced lighting techniques… here is a light-baking experiment I did today…

Parker first clued me in on Light baking and I find the idea of putting it into Delura very exciting… but it is one of those things that I will need to ease into my workflow over time as I study and experiment more and more. The cool thing about this particular technique though is that eventually I will save more time with renders than I would have spent doing things the old fashioned way. This seems to demand good UV mapping, which is something I’m still trying to get decent at doing (getting closer, but not quite there yet).