Rig field test: Posing
… not surprisingly, it took me longer than I expected to get the extra characters rigged up and modified. Though, I did learn a few things in the process. For instance it is far easier (in Lightwave) to make all characters that are meant to use a rig the same size/proportion in Modeler, and then use bones to modify things such as build, height,arm length, etc by scaling them in layout. Misc shaping like giving the character a gut or other mods are still done in LW’s modeler, however.
As far as the testing results, all seems workable on my end… my rigs are far from flawless and I’m probably the only person who would feel comfortable using it, but it gets the job done quickly. In the far future, I’d like to be able to give my characters more robust face rigging and more accurate deforms.
the lizard was stubborn so I gave him an evilish pose… His texture might need a bump map or some kind color correction. The stretched part on the sides of his head and below the jaw can’t be fixed easily without scrapping the model and endomorphs and re-building it, so I’m letting it slide for now… EP 005 has been in pre-production long enough.
EDIT: I think I goofed something up with the weight maps on those pants…